The heating and cooling arrangement for offices are done by boilers or airconditioning .Air
washers are also used in some geographies .These utilities consume energy ,hence it is
important to save energy by utilising devices and switching off these machines when not in
Others methods are listed below
belts and steam traps, and rebuild or replace them as necessary. Filters should be dampers
adjusted to ensure a tight seal, and linkages, boiler heat transfer surfaces and dampers
adjusted to ensure a tight seal, and linkages, boiler heat transfer surfaces and surfaces and
coils should be cleaned. Other low-cost improvements to improve your should be cleaned.
Other low-cost improvements to improve your HVAC unit's efficiency include:
unit's efficiency include:
- Install tight-sealing, insulated dampers. The outside air and the exhaust dampers should
have edge and jamb seals. The damper between the return air duct and the outside air
duct should be tightly sealed.
Seal duct joints. Duct joints should be sealed with mastic.
- Insulate duct system. Supply ductwork and ductwork that is exposed to outside air —
including the mixed air duct, exhaust duct and outside air duct — should be insulated.
- Balance air-handling systems. Air-handling systems should be balanced so that each
zone receives the design air flow. The returns registers should also pull as much as air
back as is supplied.
- Control ventilation to match occupancy of facility/building. Heating and cooling of outside
air prior to its delivery to occupied spaces should be controlled to match the occupied
hours of the building.
- Control heating to match occupancy of facility/building. During unoccupied periods, the
heating temperature can be reduced by 10°F to 15°F.
- Adopt an "optimal start" strategy. Many systems are controlled by a time clock or an
energy management system to begin regular operation. An optimal start strategy utilizes
a database and outside temperature measurements to determine when the system
should resume heating or cooling.
- Control the air-handling unit to match occupancy of facility/building. Program the air-
handling unit to cycle off during unoccupied periods.
how air conditioning system works
Energy Savings In HVAC