- clean the condensers water tube regularly as clogging can happen due hard
water used for cooling .
- change oil for compressors on regular intervals.
- Clean filters which blocked can reduce the cooling efficiency.
- Add evaporator capacity to reduce evaporator approach temperature and raise
- Install a thermosyphon cooling system to cool the compressor oil.
- Install additional condensing capacity to reduce discharge pressure. Reducing
condenser pressure by 10 psi can decrease refrigeration system energy use per
ton of refrigeration by about 6%.
- Installing variable speed drives in place of constant speed drives can reduce
cooling system energy use by 30% to 50%, depending on load profile.
- Insulate cooler/freezer area.
- Invest in mechanical subcooling — an effective method of cooling liquid
refrigerant below saturation pressure in order to increase system capacity and
improve efficiency. Energy savings can be achieved up to 25%.
AIR CONDITIONING AND REFRIGERATION