FAT HANDLING SYSTEM :BULK HANDLING SYSTEM FOR BAKERY MANUFACTURING PROCESS
Automated system for transfering fat to the mixing process and storage
Fat is transfered to storage tank in liquid form . Fat is brought to bakery production unit in tankers from
the fat manufacturers.
Fat s which comes in various varieties as refined vegetable oil,refined groundnut oil , refined sunflower oil ,
refined palm oil,
or palmolien and refined palm kernel oil .
Fat Handling system consists of following equipments
1. Unloading pipe - which gets connected to tankers
2. Unloading pump - these are specific pumps , generally lobe
type which unloads fat from tankers
3. Storage tank : capacity is as per requirement such as 10kl,
20kl,30kl , 40kl .These are insulated and heat tracing is done to
prevent fat from solidifying . Material of construction should be
s.s to prevent any contamination. Heat tracing can be done
for 1/3 of the height of tank as this volume is sufficient to keep
fat in liquid state . Heat tracing is controlled through temperature controller.
4. Loading pump: Loading pump transfers fat from storage tank to the measuring vessel which has load
cells and discharges
when the desired quantity is achieved .Pipelines are insulated in entire length. Few places where liquid fats
are not available
fats are brought in either drums or bagon boxes.which in turn are stored in cold rooms or in ware house
as per requirement.
Advantages of bulk handling
1. Transportation cost is saved
2. We can have uninterrupted production
3. We can negotiate better price from vendor a we would getting bulk volumes from them
4. The most important factor we would be saving substantial amount of cost on behalf of labour which are
involved in loading
and unloading .
5. Wastages are less
More on Bulk Handling of Ingredients
Flow Diagram for Bulk Fat Handling system in Bakery